Welcome to The Junior Chef!
The ability to create home-cooked food is a skill we believe all children should learn early! In our series of courses, kids will learn skills to help them become confident chefs in the kitchen.
Your junior chef will:
- Practice safety skills that show them how to properly prepare food, avoid cross-contamination, and handle knives and other kitchen utensils
- Define cooking-specific vocabulary that lets them not only understand the mechanics of how food comes together, but will help them sound like a pro!
- Cook a set of recipes designed for each cooking level. These recipes are not only healthy, but enjoyable for the whole family!
Better yet, you get to join your kids for an unforgettable bonding experience that you will all remember for a lifetime.
The Beginner Level
This course is perfect for kids with little-to-no experience in the kitchen. This student wants to practice basic kitchen skills, follow a simple recipe, and make some delicious food.
The beginner level helps to lay a foundation for cooking that can be built upon as your child grows more confident, independent, and successful in the kitchen.
- 1 instructional video on kitchen safety and cooking basics
- 12 recipe videos, each focusing on a different skill
- A printable recipe binder with a glossary, shopping lists, measuring guide, conversion charts, etc!
The Junior Chef is so much fun! My kiddo enjoyed trying out the different recipes and being a part of the cooking process. The recipe book is clear and easy to follow, and I love how cooking vocabulary is such a huge component of each recipe. Our favorite recipe was the strawberry oat smoothie, and it was simple enough for my 3 year old to do completely by herself! I'm excited to see what else The Junior Chef comes up with!
According to my 6 year old son, the videos were easy to understand and follow! The binder materials are fun, bright and colorful, and he was so happy to have it as his own cooking binder. The quality of the videos are excellent and very engaging - the length of the videos were just right. This is a great introductory course- I highly recommend! Thank you!
Alli does a great job helping kids connect with food! She is bubbly and fun to watch! The website makes it easy to find everything for each lesson! Thanks Junior Chef!
We are enjoying the recipes and guidance this program offers. My 13 year old daughter is able to go through the recipes and watch videos where she needs it pretty independently. It is giving her confidence to try new techniques and recipes.
When we started the junior chef class, my girls had not been in the kitchen much. The oldest who is 13, loved it as it gave her the confidence to expand and cook more. She wants to be a chef when she grows up now. The youngest who is 11, is excited because she can actually cook. Thank you Alli. It is such an easy to follow program and great recipes. Highly recommend!